m2 designed area
What is it about … ?
First and foremost, young people and young adults! Over a period of initially 2 years, participatory workshops in the “Lëtzebuerger SOS Kannerduerf” in Mersch are to create functional basic structures for a socio-ecological long-term project.
What’s going on?
Together with teenagers and young adults, cultural areas will be created and a “natural show-and-use garden” with sustainable “upcycling constructions” will be developed.
What can be learned?
All participants can make positive self-effective experiences and are involved in all processes; from planning to implementation. It can serve as a professional orientation as well as arouse personal interest in ecological action. Working in and with nature can be discovered as an important resource for health. Sustainable and responsible behavior, the promotion of one’s own creativity/improvisational skills, the development of manual skills and the joy of doing things together are the focus here.
The offered workshops offer different focal points and craft challenges Materials such as wood, stone and metal are used: areas of experience are – the cultivation, care, harvesting and use of fruits, vegetables and fruits, – the propagation and “schooling” of bee and insect-friendly, native plants, here later an internal “production” of native small woody plants, perennials, herbs, as well as fruit and vegetables is to be created.
What is the goal?
In this way, the “SOS Kannerduerf” could be upgraded in the long term with bee- and insect-friendly planting, possibly with the arrival of own bee colonies and own honey production, – the construction of raised beds, dry walls, a small pond system with stream as a drinking source for the animal inhabitants Finally, each participant receives an individual “portfolio”, which documents and certifies the cooperation as a possible supplement to a professional application portfolio.
The YOUTHfulNATURE project is a joint project between the Fondation SOS Kannerduerf and Horyoh ASBL and is 100% funded by the Fondation.
THE PROJECT IS IMPLEMENTED IN THE AREA OF SOS Kannerduerf AND IS NOT PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE.
We ask for your understanding here for the benefit of the fellow residents of the Children’s Village.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
If you have any questions about the project or would like to start a project yourself, need help, please send us your contact details (name, mail, tel, …) PER MAIL email@example.com.
After that we will contact you and we are ready to answer your questions.
Thank you very much!
In addition to the manual activities during the workshops and the resulting improvement and enhancement of motor, manual and organizational skills of the participants as well as the sensitization of a more conscious and sustainable lifestyle, social skills are also promoted in this project.
The participant is given tasks, obligations and thus also responsibility. Already during the selection of materials in e.g. recycling centers, the participants are challenged to improvise and cooperate with the project leader but also with third parties (e.g. employees of recycling centers) and are “forced” in a figurative sense.
… “What can I use for what and do I really need it?” …
will be constantly accompanying questions….
We want to “pick up” the participants in this phase and involve them already in the planning phase in order to inspire and motivate them to cooperation, improvisation and creativity.
The goal of the workshops is to convey social-ecological values in action and thinking in order to have a western influence on one’s own consumer behavior.
- Promotion of a sense of responsibility (e.g. when watering)
Sensitization to sustainable and ecological thinking and acting … (e.g. choice of materials)
- Promotion of self-values and own competences like acting independently (e.g. organizing needed material)
- Vocational orientation through different practical activities (besides gardening also stone and wood work)
- Appreciation of one’s own results and achievements (e.g. harvesting vegetables, building a construction, … )
- Sensitization to a more conscious nutrition (how does what I eat grow?)
- Promotion of group dynamics and community values
- Personal responsibility and organizational skills by taking over tasks (e.g. care of the crops)
- Establishment of solid structures and relationships
- planning and organizational skills
- promotion of improvisation and problem-solving skills
- promotion of own creativity
The secondary objectives of the project is the certification and attestation of practical works, results in the workshops and results of the participants as well as assistance in a professional orientation:
These certificates of participation and certification can be related to individual workshops (Cat. A) or to a combination of workshops (Cat. B) and can be issued during the ongoing project.
- Learning and promotion of simple and demanding handicraft skills in the field of horticulture (e.g. earthwork, planting and arrow work, watering, sowing, “weed control”, etc.) and in the field of handicrafts (e.g. gardening, planting, watering, sowing, “weed control”, etc.).
- and in handicrafts (e.g. measuring, soaking, cutting, nailing, screwing, … )
- the handling and use of tools in horticulture and handicraft in general (e.g. spade, shovel, four-tooth, hammer, folding rule, tape measure, hacksaw, folding rule, spirit level, string, …). )
- the practical handling of plant cultures from sowing to harvesting
- vegetative (e.g. cuttings, division) and generative propagation (sowing)
- further processing of the harvest
- basic and fundamental knowledge in horticulture and in the techniques of “natural gardens” (e.g. pruning and care of perennials, herbs or shrubs, ..)
- Handling and use of materials wood, stone, metal in the use of the upcycling materials (e.g. construction dry wall, retaining structure, …)
- Creating and “maintaining” a composter
You like our ideas and projects and want to support them?
Since Horyoh a.s.b.l. and its projects are also financed by donations, you also have the possibility to become a valuable part of our initiative with a donation to the following bank account. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
IBAN LU09 0030 5629 5602 0000 | BIC BGLLLULL
As a young association we are happy about any financial support. This can be done easily here with Digicash.
Thank you very much!
(*You can change the amount in the application and at your own choice).